Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random Update

Things that have been occupying my time and/or thoughts:

~Laundry.

~I get to be these kids' mommy:

Plus two exceedingly cute girls. Who like to blame toots on Daddy.

~Somehow my sleep schedule has officially shifted into the 8-9:00 bedtime followed by the 1-2:00 wake time. Try as I might, I cannot seem to adjust that. And wonderful, adorable Baby Dude sleeps through the night nearly every night - it's all me and this pesky mind of mine. Please do the very kind thing and put me out of my misery. What I mean by that is you could KILL ME NOW or put me up in a luxurious hotel all by myself. Either way. Aaactually, the later is sounding somewhat more appealing.

~Laundry.

~It seems as though we're heading straight for the financial Perfect Storm. This fact occupies way too much of my mental energy and I believe I now nearly know what an ulcer must feel like. It's a very humbling, very vulnerable place to be. Which, pausing to take a deep breathe and looking outside of my immediate panic, I do believe is right where God wants me - looking to Him. Trusting in Him. Relying on Him. Praying to Him. Putting my Hope in Him. Being ok - truly ok, grateful even - with whatever He allows/decides/answers. I fail at this constantly, repeatedly, continually - but He takes me back and lets me start over again and again. There are so many woulda-coulda-shouldas that clearly cannot be changed but we have to learn and trudge on. Being transparent is very difficult for me - I really don't talk about money, but right now it feels more of a burden to be silent. Please pray for us along with countless others in a similar (sinking!) boat. Stupid boat.

~Last month Gracie stuck a sharp pencil in her forehead, right between her eyes. She thought it was eraser side up and leaned into it. Lovely. It became, in essence, a tattoo. A number of screams and tears, $140 and bright red scar later, it has become just a story to tell and a reason to FLIP OUT over sharp pencils coming anywhere near anyone.

~I had a root canal last week. While most people report root canals aren't all that bad, mine was horrible. 3 hours in the chair. Complication after complication. It's been 9 days and the tooth still hurts. Most likely I will need another round of h e double hockey sticks to 'fix' it. Then I get to go get a (ridiculously expensive) cap! Yee. haw.

~I've lost 2 pounds! This is nothing to get really all that excited about but it's quite amazing thank you very much considering it takes every ounce of willpower not to drown my sorrows in chocolate. And fried stuff. And have you HAD the snickerdoodle cookies from Fresh & Easy? I think God Himself passed along that recipe. Is that sacrilege?

~While simultaneously being extraordinarily stressed/worried - I also can't help but feel so incredibly blessed. Every day I look at my kids - their beauty (both kinds), their health, their humor, their cuddliness, their laughter (ignoring, of course, the whining, the crying, the fighting... la la la laa laaa!) and can't help but just burst. My heart literally, physically feels close to bursting. (Perhaps I should see a cardiologist?) I wouldn't trade the health or life of any one of them for every last dollar on earth. I have a husband who works hard every day, who loves me and is faithful to me and who strives to be who God wants him to be. I am richly blessed. Thank You God!!!

~Hearing "Why are we going THIS way?!" every single minute we're in the car, approximately 41 billion times so far. Would muzzling Mary be considered taboo? Allow me rephrase that into a multiple choice best of the worst scenario: A) muzzle Mary; B) drive off cliff; C) drink while driving. I may be missing something, but those seem to really be the only alternatives.

~Laundry.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh My! Wow, what a great, fill in the gaps, post for those of us who are not your neighbor, and have been a wee bit out of touch! Drat, shoulda bought that house next door to you years ago...and we had our opportunity!

Kristy, I love you, and the stuff that can be prayed about-I will. The stuff that has to be endured by you alone (night time wake ups, sharp pencils and the like), I'll pray about that too! : ) Meanwhile, so good to have you post. Did you actually NOT mention going to the bathroom in this post??? : ) Love you, friend.

Juli said...

Look at this, I noticed a new post right away, now that I've (sort of) entered the blogging world. :) (Well, I didn't notice the time you posted, but I can almost guarantee I was snug as a bug in my bed!)

I'm glad you're keeping a good perspective, and it's so true. However, it's still hard to get that information to your heart all the time. I'll be praying -- really!

calicobebop said...

That is a lot of laundry! :) And OMG at the pencil scenario! I'm getting rid of all sharp nasty pencils right away!

Mikele said...

If they can make kid-leashes look like cute and non-offensive monkeys just riding on the child's back, then I think someone somewhere could make a muzzle...

CaraBee said...

Pencils scare me. Even more now!

How is baby boy so big? Wasn't he just born like a week ago? And sleeping through the night? Now, we just need to get you sleeping through the night. I know how you feel though. I'm a terrible sleeper. I almost never sleep through the night. I wish I had a trick for you. Alas, I do not. Sigh. We shall just be night owls together.

Two pounds is absolutely fabulous! Congrats!

Kim F said...

hey- i like the muzzle idea...or 100 lollipops might work since Lily chews through them faster than anything. her phrase in the car is... "Are we going this way, or this way, or straight?" (repeat a million times) ugh! must be a 3 year old thing.

love your transparency. praying...

and as for your extreme lack of sleep - yikes. i couldn't function. at all. you are doing amazing. but for goodness sakes grab some extra laughing gas while you're at the dentist so you can pass out at 1 am. (or go to the doctor and get some meds silly!)

mini and brother said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for your family regarding stupid $$. Hate it.

gramoo said...

Thank you, Kristi. You have again given me a smile. I love you and Justin, Tatood Gracie, little mother, Coco, Mary's impish smile, and Little Dude (tiger) just because. hugs and prayers..

Carin said...

Kristi! I HATE that this world resolves around $ so much! It is pretty much the primary reason why Travis and I are now going on 15 months of being away from each other. I will be in prayer for your family. I am also repeatedly inspired by you to love my children more and enjoy them more each and every day. I am reminded at how they are a gift from our awesome God and how much He must think of me and love me to entrust me with such wonderful gifts in my life.
Ok- now my transparency...please don't judge me for my run on sentences or bad grammar in this comment! LOL ;) Love you

Robyn said...

Love you, friend, and praying for your $ situation. Hebrews 13:5-6 is always an encouragement to me when I am worried about finances. God will NEVER leave you nor forsake you! No financial storm is too big for Him to navigate you through. Praying for his peace and his direction and for you to be able to sleep. Miss you.