Friday, August 7, 2009

Recipe for happy girls

Because it looked like so much stinkin' fun, we copycatted Mama Rose in her rainbow cupcake making endeavor. Directions: take three giddy girls, throw in lots of sugar and colors, giggle a lot and you have this:

Evidently, I paid little to no attention in art class (or shall I blame my non-functioning pregnancy brain?) - I actually had to LOOK UP the color wheel online to make extraordinarily complex colors such as purple and orange.

Right about here in the cupcake making process, Coco exclaimed, "This is the LIFE!!!"


Admittedly, Mama Rose's cupcakes are much prettier and much more symmetrical, but when you're 3, 5 and (nearly) 7, if there's sugar, color and sprinkles involved - and you're in charge of the glooping said goodness into edible fun - you're pretty much over the moon with glee.

11 comments:

Mary Lee said...

That looks sooo fun...and tasty too!! Great pictures.

Elizabeth said...

What a great Mama!!!

Kathy said...

Leftovers? By any chance? Now you know in homeschooling world you just tackled Bible, Art, Cooking, and Science! : )AND Math! What about reading the recipe!Then to work off the calories you can throw PE into the mix, and the day is done! Hugs friend. Loved your fun time!

Rachel said...

OH MY GOD Kristi those look so yummy. What a fun idea!

mummyjaan said...

My God! That FUN looks contagious! I cannot wait to try this out myself!

CaraBee said...

What fun! And I think they look awesome! And now I kinda want a cupcake.

Carrie said...

Those look delicious! Nice work, girls!

Swistle said...

Those. are. AWESOME. I am totally making those.

Dotted Owl Crafts said...

WOW! Makes me want to make cupcakes right now!

Anonymous said...

My cupcakes weren't symmetrical at all! I don't think they're supposed to be - just happy colors, willy-nilly. LOVE Coco's quote, and glad I could share some cupcake joy!

Juli said...

I didn't see Mama Rose's cupcakes, but I'm impressed with yours.

I'm too lazy to type out my newly discovered cupcake secret, but if I combine my new knowledge with this . . . it will be like Disneyland right here in our house! I'll fill you in later. :)