Monday, August 17, 2009

Funky town

I've been in a funk. Excluding the time I had a broken heart, this is the biggest, looongest funk ever. I'm not usually prone to The Funk. It's hormonal. I know that. I know it will end. It doesn't help.

I vacillate between feeling highly agitated and on the brink of tears. Lately it's more brink of tears. Justin has been wonderfully understanding and tolerant through all of my moodines. He even buys chocolate on demand. And although he often and annoyingly forgets to replace the blender to where it belongs and longs to be, I'm glad to be married to him.

The primary reason this blog is in a state of neglect is my sheer and utter inability to say (or think) something nice and/or funny. I don't have it in me right now.

And to end this boring, dull & depressing post - what I DO have in me right now:

Son, you're totally worth it. Even the raging heartburn. The sleepless nights. Aching feet. Constant backache. But you'd better be easy to potty train. And not bring home questionable girls. Then we'll call it even.

9 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Well I don't think you will have to worry about the questionable girls since I think we already decided on an arranged marriage between your lil nugget and mine. Then we can have our compound and all live happily ever after! And when that happens, I will instruct Justin on how to correctly replace the blender!

Thanks for the prego pic:)

Elizabeth said...

You look great!!! He is SO worth it!

Kim F said...

love love love this pic! beautiful.

Carrie said...

You're still funny. Even with those crazy hormones :)

Sizzle said...

You could always use the space to vent the bad stuff. It can be cathartic!

Kathy said...

Not such a bad post, Kristi. Not nearly plagued with funk as you think. And yes, he will be worth it. Promise!

CaraBee said...

You're beautiful and funny and wonderful. Don't sweat the moods, they'll be over soon.

Robyn said...

You're hot, prego my eggo. Miss you.

Danny Wright said...

I think I must have gotten the long version of this post on my Google reader. In any case, I wanted offer some comfort in these three words: It Will End

Hang in there!