Sunday, March 21, 2010

We're a decacouple!

We celebrated our 10th Anniversary over spring break. TEN YEARS... whaaa? Wasn't I JUST obsessing because my stupid wedding hair looked stupid? After the most perfect-trial-run-hair... the hair brides dream of... on my wedding day, I come out looking like a plaster-headed-doof. I was seriously (SERIOUSLY) contemplating ditching the wedding (and the 400+ eyeballs), sending a note to Justin to sneak out the back, get the heck in the car & we'd head to Vegas to do this thang because of all of those eyeballs eyeballing me and my stupid hair. Ah, memories!

So ten years ago, this was us:


Oooooh, how I wish we spent more money on a photographer. The guy showed me his portfolio and I was all: well, there's a bride and groom, so he can clearly point his camera in the direction he's aiming and he's cheap - HIRED. Live and learn.

And keepin' it real:
Perhaps that was 'bemoaning my doofy hair' expression. We'll never know.


A lot of moments have happened in these past ten years. I recently put Justin on the spot and asked that we relive some of our favorite moments. A smattering of memories - some are his, some are mine, some are both (or he's getting really good at bluff-remembering, Mr. Can'tRememberYesterday):

~When we lived in the bay area, a day trip to Napa. The calm and beauty of that day still makes me smile.

~Sitting on a roof watching the sunset over Sedona.

~His dumbfounded expression when I told him I was pregnant for the first time.

~Coming home to a painted room because he knew I really wanted it done.

~Ahem. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. ;)

~When it became evident he had fallen in love with our first baby.

~Driving around in the convertible on our honeymoon in Hawaii. Highly recommended.

~Him dancing around and singing with delighted baby Gracie in the dirt backyard when we first moved into this house.

~The face of disbelief when IT'S A BOY!

~Hiking and talking.

~A specific instance he told me I was pretty when I really... not so much.

~The softness of his face when I said we could name her Mary. He REALLY wanted to name her Mary.

~Overhearing him speak gently to our Coco baby.

~His grandma's boyfriend telling us we were perfect together because 'look where your noses meet'. We've had a thing for our noses ever since.


To celebrate this milestone while considering I have a small adorable person physically attached to me numerous times throughout the day, we decided to go here:


Fussymaryweather

Obviously it's not possible to take a family picture without one crankypants WHO CLEARLY DID NOT GET THE MEMO THAT THIS IS HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH. Exhibit 2:


Miss Cocowhineypants

Oooh, the delights of parenthood! 10 years, 4 kids, countless earplugs.

We stayed with my cousin who watched our youngns several times to let us celebrate sans kids. Is it terrible to say Disney is sometimes much more fun WITHOUT kids?! THANK YOU LISA!!!

And so begins the second of many decades... I do so love you, Justin. And, often more importantly, I like you a lot! Especially when you kiss my nose.

12 comments:

Juli said...

Glad you didn't go on a hot air balloon ride or something stupid like that! :) I love all the memories and taking time to write them down. Hmmm . . . time is what I have now, maybe I should do it!

Robyn said...

Congratulations! :) I love your wedding pics and I love that you went to Disney with your kids to celebrate.

CaraBee said...

Happy anniversary! And may there be many, many more years of memories to be made.

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary ... and the list of favs over the past 10 years. And I totally think going to the happiest place on earth is more fun without kids ... but maybe that's just because I'm always standing behind the mom who's shouting, "YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN. STOP YAWNING. I JUST PAID $300 TO COME HERE!"

Mary Lee said...

Happy Day!!!

Rachel said...

This is such a cute blog. I love your wedding pictures! And the cranky kids just made me laugh out loud. :) Happy (late) anniversary!

Jasmyn said...

I love that you got some alone time...sounds like a great cousin!

I also love baby dude's tongue hanging out...it takes the focus off of the cranky kids!

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Heyhey, belated congratulations! I love the list of memories, and it makes me curious what my fella would come up with. I too wish I'd spent more on a wedding photographer - at least now we have Emily!

Lulu said...

That was a really fun read!! Congrats on the decade of memories!

gramoo said...

What with e-mail, FB I have not been looking at your blog. My loss. You are brilliant and could so much be my daughter. love you and Justin and your kids soooo much.

prashant said...

I love your wedding pics and I love that you went to Disney with your kids to celebrate.
Contextual Ad Network India

Anonymous said...

hello, i`m from vietnam ,i just read your blog and i enjoyed it tremendously.