Thursday, March 13, 2008
Danngit!
I was just cleaning up the kitchen counter and came upon a notice reminding me to send Easter eggs and an Easter basket to school with Gracie today, at which time I gasped and ran to the phone to call her teacher. I got voice mail, so I identified myself, which was something like, Hi, this is Kristi ___, Gracie's mom... then proceeded to go on and on about how did it happen that we grew up and are known only as somebody's mom and wasn't it just yesterday we thought 30 was old? On voice mail. To her teacher. Who is like, 23. And probably still thinks 30 is old. And then I regained control of myself and took full responsibility for the forgetting of all things Easter and begging her to improvise something for Gracie. And I sit here secretly hoping that some other mom was also a slacker -- and because I'm evil, preferably one who never screws anything up. I'd like Gracie to have someone to commiserate with on how lame their moms are. That, and so I'm not all alone in my lameness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I always had extras...for slackers like you! :)
Love the message you left her - so funny!! Also, I like the blog!!
Just thought you should know that I am going through Kristi withdrawls! See ya Sunday????
I can relate so much it hurts. I've left a few voicemail doozies in my day. And I've forgotten lots of stuff for O's class. You're not alone...tell Gracie she can call O to talk about how lame we both are ;)
Once, when I was really tired, I ended a phone message with, "In Jesus' name, Amen." Whoops.
Post a Comment