Sunday, March 2, 2008

Instructions for free coffee


My friend, Kim, and I went to Starbucks the other day. Not anticipating said stop, I brought coffee from home. Since it was still nearly full and I was still nearly chilly, I brought it in for the inevitable long wait. Here is the conversation that transpired once we reached the counter:

Baristo (it was a guy, hence the o): "And for you?"
Me: "Nothing, actually, I'm just here with my friend. Sorry for bringing my 20 cent coffee from home, heh heh."
Kim: "I'll buy you something!"
Me: "It's not that, I just already have perfectly acceptable coffee"
Baristo: "Really? You don't want coffee?"
Me: "I have coffee"
Kim (slightly mortified): "uhhhhhh"
Baristo: "Yeah, but it's 20 cent coffee -- bleh"
Me: "But I am good with my 20 cent coffee! Really, I'm good! Happy even!"
Baristo: "Are you saying you prefer your no good 20 cent coffee over our coffee?!"
Me: "I don't know that I'd say prefer, but I like it just fine and I already have it"
Baristo: "What if I GIVE you coffee? I'll GIVE you coffee!"
Me: "Totally unnecessary, really"
Baristo: "PLEASE let me give you coffee!"
Me: "Alright. If you must"

In summation: Bring in enemy coffee. Insist that you do not want Starbucks coffee. Get free coffee.

7 comments:

Astraea said...

Score! I love freebies!

Mikele said...

Do you think that will work at other places too? I'm totally trying it... "Would you like to buy that new Coach purse that you're staring at?" "No, I really love my old Target one." "I insist! Here! Let me give you this purse for free!!"

This could revolutionize my world.

Jasmyn said...

I like how you roll!!!

Robyn said...

What time do you want to meet me at Starbucks tomorrow morning with our home coffee?

Rachel said...

Freebies are awesome! Well done!!

Candi said...

I love it!

Danny Wright said...

you waisted that opportunity on coffee!?!? How do you think we afforded our last car? he he he Of course the "I like it just fine" was much more difficult to sell.