Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Biiiirthday Toooooo Meeeeee

Thanks Mom! For the lovely flower birthday cake (that Coco already tried to eat) and for the whole giving birth to me thing. I owe you big. (Thanks, too, Dad, for your contribution to the aforementioned items, although I think we both know who deserves all the credit)In honor of the 34 years I've been on the planet and an attempt at more self-love, here are 34 things I love (or at least like) about myself:

1) I make beautiful kids
2) My height (used to hate this, but have learned to embrace it)
3) I don't hold grudges
4) Naturally straight teeth
5) The fact that I thought I could come up with 34 of these things
6) Thick hair (when straight)
7) Good intentions
8) Niceness
9) Not too much niceness
10) Grays don't show much in blonde hair (especially when dyed)
11) I have good taste in men, er, man
12) Decent vision
13) Loyalty
14) I love my God
15) He loves me back
16) I don't go with the flow when I don't like where it's going
17) Have desire to improve
18) Adventurous, or at least imagine I am
19) Have friends of various sorts
20) Uh, um, I'm kind of out, um, let's expand the list to things I don't dislike: left big toe
21) Left second toe
22) Left third toe
23) Left fourth toe
24) Left pinky toe
25) Right big toe
26) Right second toe
27) Right third toe
28) Right fourth toe (right pinky toe: you get no love, you ugly, ugly thing)
29) I have a great family (and if familial people are reading this, this is not in order and you in no way rank below non-disliked toes)
30) I like that I was born in April, it's a nice month
31) Can find humor in most situations
32) Am good at my job
33) I can rhyme anything -- anything schmenything
34) I'm not 40

9 comments:

Sizzle said...

Happy Birthday!

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That list is impressive ... you do make REALLY cute kids :)

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Candi said...

Happy Birthday!

moosh in indy. said...

I love your list! I'm trying to be just like you in so many ways (I even dislike my little toes!)
Happy Birthday, mine is on Monday so we can be total same week birthday sisters from another mother.

Jasmyn said...

looooved our slumber party last night. We should celebrate your birthday more than just one time a year! (without you getting older of course:-) )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

You make incredibly gorgeous adorable children! Happy birthday and I love your list. Toes and all. Thanks for the laugh!

Mikele said...

Happy not 40 Birthday!

Astraea said...

Happy Birthday! May God bless the year to come with so much JOY!