Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to the Heat

The girls and I spent the last couple of days at my sister, Candy's, house surrounded by 74 degree and below weather. At one point I even required socks. Socks! It's amazing what a measly hour and a half drive north can do for you.

Zen Candy
There were lots of highlights, not the least of which was this:

For those of you distracted by all of those extreme cutes, let me pull that in for you.

My niece, Hannah, was so kind to yank Gracie's loose tooth that had been hanging on for dear life. That's when you know you've hit the cousin jackpot, one willing to bloody her own hand so you have a great spot to put a straw.

We were visited by four lovely princesses,

one of which was a wee bit fond of flowers, even the kind that come from weeds;

another was late for the ball.

Drama aplenty when cousin Adam locked Coco in jail and wouldn't let her out. Below please see the jail. One can see how disconcerting it would be to be locked down in such extreme conditions... no food or water and was not even offered the obligatory one phone call. I'm sure she'll be traumatized for life and will at any minute be contacting the Geneva Convention.

Warden Adam, after a bath in the mud hole teeming with tadpoles:

Picnic and "soccer" in the park:

It's a lovely park. Huge trees and lots of room to run. Too bad it's also the local homicide hotspot.
Look at the pretty pretty grass! All of that fun and only one casualty... fortunately (for me), it was not the fault of my kids, just a well-placed pitch to the head compliments of Daddy (aka: Uncle Danny). Uncle Danny, fisherman extraordinaire who will not kill or eat a fish to save his life and once thought cantaloupe was evil. Gotta love that guy.

But all in all, good times were had by all. Speaking of good times -- the other night Danny, Candy and I tucked ourselves into their bed to watch a way too intense for right before bed movie. It would have made for a good albeit slightly odd memory... if only Danny didn't sleep in the buff. That was a weeee bit uncomfortable. Really, people, BOUNDARIES. ;)

Good times.

12 comments:

Mike said...

Your niece's teeth are SO cute! Those are totally the best little kid smiles!

CaraBee said...

It's 95 deg plus 85% humidity here, I need me some of that coolness...bad. Love the pictures of the girls in their princess dresses! Too cute.

mini and brother said...

It looks so beautiful!!
Could there be more green in those pictures?
I love the one of Lillest in her fancy dress.

Rachel said...

Um, way jealous of the need for socks. :-)

Kevin McKeever said...

I missed exactly when the princess phase morphed into the Hanna Montana phase in my Thing 1. Never have the tape running at the right time.

Thanks for swinging by my blog and dropping such a nice note. Cheers!

Manager Mom said...

OK - those little girls in their dresses are like a tub of adorable mutlicolored sherbert.

Mikele said...

I love Mary running in her dress. Tell Gracie that I will yank out any teeth for her. I love her that much.

Jenny said...

Lovely. I love the dresses!

Gina said...

It looks gorgeous!!!
glad you had such a nice time- minus the, um, NUDITY part. hahaha!!
some people. REALLY.

The princesses are just too much fun!!! So Lovely!!!
Every little girl accepts herself as a princess. Why do we forget that we really are?!?!?!

Bailey said...

Looks like a fun time! What cute kids.

Thanks for the comment over on my blog!

calicobebop said...

Love the pictures!! What a great day!

Jennifer said...

Looks very refreshing!