Monday, July 14, 2008

Family disgruntledness

We joined Justin's dad's side of the family in Payson this weekend for a reunion/birthday celebration for a few amazing ladies born in July. Happy birthday Donna (her, cough, 70th!), Jackie (her, cough, 50th!), Bridget (a little lady at 7) and Mary (terrible and terrific 2)!!! I am particularly fond of Mary, but all of the ladies born in July are lovely and easy to celebrate.

On the way out of town, we stopped by Green Something Lake/Park. I have a real memory for names. Emphasis Green (green!). It was all green and purdy, so we attempted to get some family pictures. In an ideal world, we'd have been sitting in the green grass, with the (sorta green) lake and green trees across the lake in the background. I use the term "lake" loosely; we are in Arizona, anything larger than a pool is often considered a lake. So, pond, really. Back to the ideal world: we'd have had five smiling people with all of the green (green!) prettiness in the background. But the angle was off, and much more distressing, so were the littles we were attempting to capture memories of.

This is what we started with. Very cranky Bug. Relatively compliant Gracie. Sleepy Littlest.

This is me telling Coco I love her and she'll really make me happy if she'd improve her attitude and to smile PRETTY! (Please note: Gracie progressively getting less compliant)

Seconds later, this is me threatening Coco with all things treat related if she does not change her attitude THIS MINUTE and SMILE PRETTY.

As you can see, Coco's attitude adjustment was wildly successful.

The end.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Welllllll... great shots of you guys, anyway!!!
:-D
Kids!

CaraBee said...

Very funny! I spent a painful half an hour this morning trying to get my monthly birthday photo of my daughter. The results were pretty pathetic. I can't imagine wrangling three!

Jasmyn said...

Well you look Gorgeous! Maybe yhou can photo shop smiles on everyone elses faces :)

Rachel said...

I agree with everyone else - you and Justin look fantastic! The last one is pretty good, though.

Dana said...

At least Coco has her evidence when she calls CPS. :)

mini and brother said...

You look hot in every picture. I think I'd frame one.

Jenny said...

gotta love it.