There are so many things pressing, no, stabbing at the "MUST.DO.NOW" cortex of my brain. Whatever that means. It sounds urgent and painful and possibly explosive, yes? That's what I was going for. Back to the cortex... this is where everything goes to get so worked up and exaggerated, that not only does everything not get done, nothing gets done.
Like right now, there is a word document open that has three words on it. It's supposed to be an ad for the van we have now rejected since Jenna came to live with us. We continue to keep it baking in the hot sun like a dejected beggar, fully insured, while my laziness mounts. For lack of some signs and posting it online. Very financially savvy of us.
We just got a notice from the IRS. It's always so much fun to see "Internal Revenue Service" on the return address, isn't it?! It says we owe an additional $3,800 we don't have on some past tax year. We payed TWO professionals (one of which is now in prison, but that's another story for another time) handsomely to ensure we do things right. Hey, do you think the IRS would forget about me and move on to the next poor sap if I happened to let this notice accidentally slide into the shredder? The act of faxing it to the second accountant (that would be the non-incarcerated one) who re-did this tax year and calling him to discuss seems unreasonably daunting. Perhaps because he fired us. Where does HE get the nerve to fire US? He was "streamlining" his business and has to let some of his more "challenging" clients go. Hi. I'm challenging. Ok, so I have a few LLC's, rental properties, self-employment, blah blah blah. Oh yeah, and a husband who hates him with a passion. Hum. Wonder what it could've been...
Among many more cortex-stabbers, I have clients to follow up with, God to catch up with, a new MLS system to learn, marketing to accomplish, closets to reorganize, mounds of kids clothes to be organized/seasonalized, piles of laundry to do and the garage is closing in on me like in a horror movie for suburban moms.
I think we all know who's to blame. It's like these kids insist on being constantly fed. And paid attention to. And not stink all the time. It adds up.
8 comments:
I'm with you Kristi! My kids think that their needs come first, too-what's with that?LOL
Ben was audited a few years back. A discrepancy of $4000. Are there not bigger fish to fry? Got a guy assigned to our case who was leaving shortly for a long term vacation. He seemed to wrap it up just in time to make his flight :) Turns out ... we owed nothing! I'll be praying you get an IRS dude in need of a little umbrella drink and a suntan!
So I didn't nsee "hang out with Jasmyn" on you list of things to do so I am adding it now! Tell me when a good time to come over and play would be...I will come bearing gifts and treats! :)
HA! Seriously, what's wrong with a little stink? Just run along, little stink-bottom. Your IRS notice is one of my worst nightmares, and now I'm freaked out that we didn't use an accountant and I wouldn't even begin to know where to search for old tax files. Don't beat yourself up too much - you are definitely not alone on this (although I don't have a former accountant in jail).
Oh dear, the dreaded IRS return address - that sucks! Don't they have more pressing problems to solve? Seriously!
My husband does our taxes every year, and every year I worry that this will be the one that they come knocking on our door. What a jerky accountant! Surely he has to help with the years that he did your taxes? And about those kids. What are they? 6, 4 and 2? Pshaw, they can take care of themselves, they're just faking that NEED attention and NEED food business. What freeloaders!
You know, kids really are SUCH time suckers.
The little LEACHES!!!!
;-)
I feel your pain, girl (only... I don't have the kids to blame.... hmmmm. you know. CATS. Cats are such little time suckers...)
Ummm...we used the EZ form last year. Is that weird considering we're both over 30?
BTW - I saw on the news today that the Congressman who is the chairman of the House tax-writing committee, Rep. Charles Rangel, is being accused of unpaid taxes. Maybe you should contact his lawyer. Must be amazing!
Post a Comment