Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bring your white gloves

The most impressive thing off of my to do list was (cue singing angels...) the cleaning out of the garage. I cannot believe I didn't take 'before' pictures -- because... wow. Of course, that may bode well for friendship-preservation... if I let my garage get into such a state, one may (accurately) fear what is going on in the inside of my head. Just sayin'. Probably best.

To the untrained eye, the following picture is not impressive; however, this was the wall equivalent to the floor in a teenage bedroom (you know, when you may or may not have a vague recollection of what color the carpet was).

The blessing and curse of having all girls. Clothes, clothes and more clothes. Love/hate. (And yes, I already fixed the crooked label.)


For the lack of before pictures, you wouldn't know the way Justin previously kept (piled) his tools. I think the inside of Justin's head suffers the same unfortunate state as mine. Now he's singing the praises of the peg-board. He'll probably compose an "Ode to the Pegboard" before too long, he's that in love. I hope to need a screwdriver soon.


You're welcome to pop in any time & look through my cabinets, drawers and garage*.

*Offer only good for the next 10 minutes.

8 comments:

Carin said...

so envious, I am, seeing how I haven't been able to park my new car in the garage in the almost 3 months we've owned it!

Mikele said...

Dang, I'm really impressed.

Jaimee said...

SOOO glad you fixed the crooked label. Almost threw off the whole picture for me - and Robyn, too, I'm sure.

And you wonder why we made such good roommates! :)

CaraBee said...

Wow, that looks fabulous! So organized. Our garage needs some love, badly. Maybe next summer.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I'm very disappointed in the lack of before pictures, however. I wish we had a garage to make a huge mess in - we only have our offices in which to pile crap. Stupid carport.

Jasmyn said...

i'm after Jen!

AuntMando said...

Holy Cow!! I'm quite impressed! I know that was a great stressor for you. What a relief. It looks amazing. Can you keep it that nice until I come to visit again, so I can see it in person? ;)

Kathy said...

Screwdriver, eh? Tool, right?? : )