Friday, January 16, 2009

I love, no, hate, Facebook. No, love! Hate! HATE.

Awhile back, I was friended by a girl from high school -- she was not at all nice back then, in fact I don't think I ever witnessed any drop of kindness from her. Ever. She may be lovely now, I don't know. Don't really care, honestly. I accepted her purely out of curiosity (that'll learn me), then she started in on promoting her multi-level-marketing scheme, ahem, business. She wrote on my wall how great it was to reconnect with old friends (uh, hi, did you recently substain a brain injury?) oh, and, sidenote: check out my webiste! You too can be rich! RICH RICH RICH. Hoi. Every single update was how she loved her life & was rich and happy & had all the time in the world & oh, check out my website... and don't forget to check out my website... here's a link to my website and also be sure to check it out! Which got me wanting to stab out my eyeballs.

So I tested de-friending with an actual, real life friend. I defriended (spellcheck thinks that's a word!) her and she couldn't tell! YAY! And really, why should I care? So I defriended my neverwasfriend hoping I'd slip off her MLM radar forever.

A month or two have passed. She just friended me AGAIN. Ignore. Hello awkward 20 year reunion. Worth it.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Hilarious. And totally realistic! Glad you did the defriending trial so we all can enjoy!

calicobebop said...

Too funny and too true at the same time. Facebook is the devil. I wish I could quit it.

Jasmyn said...

you crack me up...

Mikele said...

I didn't understand one word of what you just said...

:)