Monday, January 19, 2009

Warning: Politically Incorrectness ahead

This afternoon the kids and I went to the park near our house. We had it to ourselves (on a beautiful day like today!?!) until a little girl came to play. By herself.

She inquired of my kids' ages as to establish the pecking order. She was 7 so she won. In the course of conversation she asked how old I was. I said 34. Her eyes bulged out of her head... I thought she was thinking that's SO OLD, OLDER THAN DIRT.

Rotten Little Girl: NO WAY. You gottstabe as old as my granny. She's gottstabe forty something. No way you less than that.

Me (in my head): WHAT THE?! !!! Your GRANNY??? Oh, right. Your mom had you at 15, as did her mom. Riiight. Does your 20 year old mom even know or care where you are right now? ??? And quit saying crap in front of my daughters. Crappity crap.

Please, people, do I somehow remind you of a middle aged black woman? Really, I'd really like to know.

14 comments:

The joy's of motherhood...they are supposed to be joyful right? said...

HAHAHAH To funny! I love you Kristi!!

Jasmyn said...

you gottstabe the funniest person I know....thats fo sho

calicobebop said...

Oh HEEELLL no. I'm sure it was tough not to tell that brat what SHE looked like. Little heathen.

Doublebanker said...

How can someone raise there children without values...and consideration. 7 is still, blurt out your thoughts age...but where's the parent to correct this behavior!

Just added a post about a bike "accident"...check it out if you have time.

Candi said...

You crack me up!

Mikele said...

Did you tell her about your Pla@boy offers?

Rachel said...

You do sort of remind me of a middle aged black granny. Just the way you talk sometimes...

mini and brother said...

Thank you for the best laugh all day. I ain't never seen no Granny lookin' like yous.

Swistle said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Yes, TOTALLY. I just went and looked at your photo, and you look exactly like Aretha Franklin. Except you don't have the hat.

Camille said...

Wow, how funny. I actually went to high school with girls in similar situations. Sad, but at some point people need to make good choices in their lives...

Dana said...

Oh, where do I begin...the child by herself, the bad grammar, the age comment. Tell Holly this might be her first foster kid!

Larissa said...

Haha! Did you give her "the hand" too?

Carrie said...

Maybe she's related to a kid I had in my class once ... 11 ... her mom was 25 and her GRANNY was 40! I think they were just trying to cram in as many generations as they could before Granny hit 60!

Anonymous said...

At my 20th HS reunion, one of the women was a grandmother (38 yrs old). She had her first at 18 and her first had her first at 18. I felt young...my kids were only 8 and 10 yrs old.