Monday, January 19, 2009

Why do I feel the need to explain myself?

Ok, so I told Our Big News right away. I know some of you are looking at me with furrowed eyebrows and thinking: You're Dumb. And Testing Fate.

This is my fifth pregnancy. WHOA. Pregnancies 1, 2 and 4 resulted in these crazy faces:

Pregnancy 3 resulted in this face:
:(
Times a million.

I told the world right away in pregnancies 1, 2, & 3. I wanted to celebrate! To be openly happy about it! For people I care about to celebrate with me! To start planning elaborate baby gifts! I was sort of (although not really) nervous, because we all know miscarriage is quite common. But, you know, it happens to other people. You (me) know it CAN happen to you (me), but do you ever really think it will? Certainly not! I'm a teenager and I can jump off a four story building and not get hurt! Whoot!

Pregnancy 4, aka:
I had just lost baby 3 when 4 (extreme cuteness) was on the way. I didn't tell anyone about 4 until the first trimester was over. I was in a bad place. A place of not really wanting to be excited about baby 4, almost angry, not having been "over" baby 3; it was still a huge, open wound. That's 90% of why I didn't tell. Some people wait to tell not from a bad place, just from a cautionary place, which I totally get. It's just not me. I'm not a big secret person.

This time, I'm not in a bad place. And yes, I'm more nervous than ever - knowing first hand it can and did happen to me - but I do NOT want that to interfere with my excitement for this long awaited little one. I won't be ruled by fear. This baby is already loved and celebrated and I long, hope, pray for the day to hold her (as probability dictates) in my arms.

YIIIPPPPEEEEEEE!!! I'm pregnant!!!

11 comments:

mini and brother said...

I could not be happier for you and I am praying for a healthy little boy... oh, I mean baby.
Love you!

calicobebop said...

I'm so happy for you! Shout it from the rooftops, girl! It's your baby!!

Candi said...

You have every right to be excited, even though it's early. It's still a baby and a blessing and needs lots of prayers. Yay!!Kristi's pregnant!!!!!

Kathy said...

Celebrations should ensue from here on out! Do something each day to celebrate this new and coming life...I dare ya!!! : ) x a million.

Mikele said...

We need fondue. To celebrate.

The joy's of motherhood...they are supposed to be joyful right? said...

You mean Him right? You can't wait to hold HIM!!! I told you to start thinking it's going to be a boy and ....it will! :) Think positive!! I'm soooo EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!

Jasmyn said...

You get to be excited from the moment you know, so why not share that excitement? God is in control, regardless of the outcome and he has great plans for that little one in there (boy, boy, boy, please a boy!)Yay for getting knocked up!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't be ruled by fear! tell people, we are all here for you no matter what! Can't wait to meet your little person:)

Rachel said...

I don't blame you for sharing your news right away. I felt that way with this baby, too...needed all the prayers I (and the little one) could get! Congrats!

Mary Lee said...

Very cool!!! I am hoping for a boy...but a girl would be great too. Celebrate! Eat more chocolate!

Robyn said...

Very happy for you and praying for you and baby!