Sunday, May 4, 2008

Friends

These girls took me out to dinner for a little belated birthday celebration (back row: Cathy, Robyn, Gramoo (Judy), Kelly, Me, Holly and Jen; front row: Mikele, Carin, Katie and - not pictured- Jasmyn, who had to rush back to her youngn's before picture time and Kirsten, Katie's sis, who flew in from Iowa that day and just couldn't resist adding more chaos to her life):


All of these women are fun. All of these women would be there in a pinch. And all of these women are wonderfully mischievous, even the ones that don't appear to be on the surface (coughrobyncough, coughkellycough). Most of these women are blonde, which I never noticed until now. Apparently, blondes do have more fun - at least that night we did.

My good and hilarious friend, Holly, recommended BJ's Brewery, a place that may or may not have had these photos in the women's restroom:

NO WONDER it was so cold in there. She said she only liked that place for the pizookes, and oh my my, they are good. So I tooootally believe her.

In putting this together and lamenting all of the wonderful girls that were there and also some that weren't, I feel the need to get a little gushy. I feel incredibly blessed for the friendships I now have in my life. I'm a little shocked to realize that this time last year, I knew hardly any of them. They've embraced me, loved me, included me and tolerate me when I become the grammar police. For the first time in my life (quite literally), I don't feel lacking for friends. Or for an amazing church family. Which is truly an answer to prayer, or prayerS - many many prayers. I've had a few good, dear, wonderful friends along the way, but never in the quantity I have now. People I actually want to be with, talk with, laugh with and even hear the tales of their kids' poops. If that ain't friendship, I'm not sure what is.

10 comments:

Candi said...

Oh I'm so sad I couldn't be there to celebrate with you:( Your such a sweet and loving friend. Happy Bday!

Jasmyn said...

xoxo :)
I heart you!

Carin said...

We love you, too. Notice the "too". Thanks for letting me share in your fun night!

Robyn said...

I think you are fabulous and it is truly a joy to know you! And I'm so boring and unmischievous it's downright ridiculous, but I like that you think I'm not. Thank you ;)

Mikele said...

That might be the most unflattering picture of me ever. Ha!

Happy Birthday, Fun Kristi. I'm honored to call you Friend.

ps - can we be like Cagney and Lacey of the Grammar Police?

Kristi said...

Sorry, Mikele! You are lovely always, but I agree, it is not the most flattering picture... I had to sacrifice you because there were very few non-blurry pics! To make up for it, I owe you a pizooke.

And yes! You can always be the Cagney to my Lacey or whichever way you prefer. ;)

Jennifer said...

I feel like a total lameo. I have been with the church for 5 years and still barely hang out with people. :( Hopefully I will make more of an attempt and hook up with everyone that is having babies too. Glad you guys had a good time.

Carin said...

I don't usually comment twice but I just have to now say that I AM the one who should get the award for the "most unflattering picture". YUCK! You guys made me be in front, I warned you!!

gramoo said...

Loved being with all you beautiful young things. Nice being included to celebrate the birthday of one, Kristi, whom I consider my Arizona daughter.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I gotta tell ya... that's some mighty fine bathroom art. I don't think my husband would like it if I decorated in such a way but I wouldn't mind one bit. After all, I need something to look at when my honey is deployed, right??!?!

Blessings!
Lacy
www.razorfamilyfarms.com