Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads

This is my dad. He's brilliant and hilarious and you'd probably never know it (I meant that in a good way). His career was in nuclear engineering; he can easily solve a calculus problem he hasn't seen in decades and he says "pacific" when he means to say "specific". I will always love that about him.

Dad, I remember the time in fourth grade when you arrived to a school production right before it started. I wasn't expecting you to be there. The other kids saw you before I did and I heard a few "who's Dad is that?s" and I turned around to see a long, lean, handsome man in an uncharacteristic black turtleneck sweater that I had never seen before or since -- I burst with pride to say "That's MY Dad!!!" I do still wonder about the sweater. Glad you're my dad.

This is my dad in law. Make that Dado in law. Justin and I were friends for seven years before we got together (ok, so we were slow, or actually too busy being with all of the wrong but incredibly good looking people) and we'd already met each other's parents many times throughout the years. I remember thinking I hope I get a father-in-law like him (and thought it a shame I had no interest in his son ;)). Even though I outweigh him by more than I care to mention, I've loved him from the start and thought if Justin turns out like him, I'm set. Glad you're my dado.



You all know who this is. He's the one I made a dad. Well, me and God. Oh, yeah, and the kids. He loves our girls fiercely, has silly songs for each of them and has a serious weakness for ticklish little girl bellies. Glad you're my baby daddy!




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADS!

6 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Sounds like 3 awesome Daddy-oh's!

Candi said...

you always have the best posts!

Rachel said...

Love the father's day post!! Happy fathers day to all of them!

Gina said...

Sweet!!!

mini and brother said...

I wish you would have said, glad you're my baby daddy! haha
Thankful for everyone of these dads.

CaraBee said...

Very sweet! You're very lucky to have such great dads in your life.